Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Published June 19, 2018 by with 0 comment

JOEL CAMPBELL FOCUSED ON WORLD CUP NOT ARSENAL EXIT

JOEL CAMPBELL FOCUSED ON WORLD CUP NOT ARSENAL EXIT




It seems unlikely that Arsenal will afford Joel Campbell an opportunity to resurrect his Arsenal career.
In the seven years he’s been a Gunner he’s only spent one and a half seasons actually competing for a first team place at the Emirates – the rest of the time he’s been out on six different loan moves.
With just days left on his current contract, the 25-year-old would be forgiven for having one eye on negotiations with possible suitors, however, he’s at the World Cup with Costa Rica…and, well, that’s important too.
Asked whether the chance to play in Russia could help him secure a move, the attacker said: “The World Cup won’t change my life, I don’t come here to show myself.
“I came to help my national team, everyone writes his own history and we have to look after group.
“I know about my contract and I know who I am. God has a plan for me.”
That all seems reasonable. Campbell didn’t actually start his country’s first game. He was a second half substitute as they went down 1-0 to Serbia.

0 comments:

Post a Comment